Drought, bushfire and emergencies
- A new approach to drought management
NSW is introducing new measures to help farmers prepare for and manage the impacts of drought.
Information on managing in drought, maps, and drought recovery.
Information for rural producers affected by severe floods, frost and other natural disasters.
Information on preparing for and responding to bushfires in rural areas.
- Emergency management
NSW DPI has a range of responsibilities to prevent, prepare, respond to and help recover from some emergencies.
- Oil and chemical spills
NSW DPI is responsible for coordinating agriculture and animal services, including oiled wildlife response and recovery, to support the oil/chemical spill lead agency.
Recent News Releases
- 09 Apr 2013North coast primary producers urged to report flood damage
- 01 Mar 2013Pasture options for north coast farmers after summer flood
- 19 Feb 2013January a mixed bag for the State’s farmers
- 08 Feb 2013New drought management measures announced [169.2 KB PDF]
- 05 Feb 2013Important livestock management advice following floods
- 18 Jan 2013Fodder donations welcomed on Hotline