IN THIS SECTION
- Support for drought affected farmers
Assistance is now available to primary producers who are experiencing deteriorating seasonal conditions.
- Managing in drought
Guides and information on overall farm management and specific information related to cattle, sheep, pasture, stock feeds, stock water, crops and horticulture during drought.
- A new approach to drought management
Development of a new National Drought Policy has been underway through the national Standing Council on Primary Industries since 2008. Supporting this national approach, NSW is introducing new measures to help farmers prepare for and manage the impacts of drought.
- Planning for drought
Overall farm planning, specific strategies, farm resource auditing, climate forecasting, feed and stock transport costs, financial and taxation considerations.
- Drought recovery
Managing livestock, crops, pastures, trees, pests and weeds after a drought. Financial and taxation considerations and restocking issues. Preparing for future droughts.
- Lessons learned from drought
'Case study' style information about droughts in specific areas of NSW.
- Calendar of drought events
A calendar list of information events in your local area.
- 17th Sep 20142014 National Landcare Conference
- 24th Sep 2014Condobolin Agricultural Research and Advisory Station Annual Field Day
Related web links
- Living with drought - Bureau of Meteorology
- Rainfall deficiencies information - Bureau of Meteorology
- Australia's National Drought Policy - DAFF
- Exceptional Circumstances Assitance
- NSW Water Information
- State Water