IN THIS SECTION
- Support for drought affected farmers
Assistance is now available to primary producers who are experiencing deteriorating seasonal conditions.
- Managing in drought
Guides and information on overall farm management and specific information related to cattle, sheep, pasture, stock feeds, stock water, crops and horticulture during drought.
- A new approach to drought management
Development of a new National Drought Policy has been underway through the national Standing Council on Primary Industries since 2008. Supporting this national approach, NSW is introducing new measures to help farmers prepare for and manage the impacts of drought.
- Planning for drought
Overall farm planning, specific strategies, farm resource auditing, climate forecasting, feed and stock transport costs, financial and taxation considerations.
- Drought recovery
Managing livestock, crops, pastures, trees, pests and weeds after a drought. Financial and taxation considerations and restocking issues. Preparing for future droughts.
- Lessons learned from drought
'Case study' style information about droughts in specific areas of NSW.
- Calendar of drought events
A calendar list of information events in your local area.
Related web links
- Living with drought - Bureau of Meteorology
- Rainfall deficiencies information - Bureau of Meteorology
- Australia's National Drought Policy - DAFF
- Exceptional Circumstances Assitance
- NSW Water Information
- State Water
Recent News Releases
- 02 Apr 2014Dust to green flush in 10 days
- 13 Mar 2014Follow-up rain needed to sustain pasture growth
- 12 Feb 2014Emergency drought assistance package expanded [96.2 KB PDF]
- 10 Dec 2013Kasbah's heat switch pumps pasture
- 30 Oct 2013NSW government announces drought preparedness and support package [98.9 KB PDF]
- 18 Oct 2013Farmers invited to information day on climate and preparedness