IN THIS SECTION
- Managing in drought
Guides and information on overall farm management and specific information related to cattle, sheep, pasture, stock feeds, stock water, crops and horticulture during drought.
- A new approach to drought management
Development of a new National Drought Policy has been underway through the national Standing Council on Primary Industries since 2008. Supporting this national approach, NSW is introducing new measures to help farmers prepare for and manage the impacts of drought.
- Planning to handle drought
Overall farm planning, specific strategies, farm resource auditing, climate forecasting, feed and stock transport costs, financial and taxation considerations.
- Drought recovery
Managing livestock, crops, pastures, trees, pests and weeds after a drought. Financial and taxation considerations and restocking issues. Preparing for future droughts.
- Lessons learned from drought
'Case study' style information about droughts in specific areas of NSW.
- Drought support package for North West farmers
Assistance is now available to primary producers in the Bourke, Brewarrina and Walgett Local Government Areas who are experiencing deteriorating seasonal conditions.
- Rural Support Workers
- Rural Financial Counsellors
- Rural Assistance Authority
- Rural financial councellors (www.raa.nsw.gov.au)
Related web links
Recent News Releases
- 10 Dec 2013Kasbah’s heat switch pumps pasture
- 30 Oct 2013NSW government announces drought preparedness and support package [98.9 KB PDF]
- 18 Oct 2013Farmers invited to information day on climate and preparedness
- 16 Sep 2013North western NSW producers hit by dry conditions
- 20 Jun 2013Widespread rain boosts agricultural outlook
- 19 Feb 2013January a mixed bag for the State’s farmers