Citrus business management
Download procedure - IMPORTANT
The following winzip file contains spreadsheets that calculates citrus gross margins and graphs cashflow from establishment to Year 20. You can modify the spreadsheets input to suit your circumstances. There a four main spreadsheets being Washington Navel, Mid season oranges, Imperial mandarin and reworked Navels. There is a linked spreadsheet, citrus budget prices that contains all of the costs of chemicals, fertiliser, machinery, labour, irrigation, harvest and more.
Please note that these prices are probably out of date and you need to update the spreadsheet with current prices.
- Create a new folder on your computer and name it Citrus budget
- Download the zip file below and save it into the folder you just created
- Open the zip file from the Citrus budget folder
- Extract the spreadsheets so that they are all saved together in the Citrus budget folder
- Open the citrus-budget-prices.xls file first
- Then open up the spreadsheet you wish to use (i.e. washington-navels-budget.xls).
- After it opens, immediately press the Save button to save the link.
- Citrus budget spreadsheets 520.0 KB
Quality assurance and crop management record sheets
- Annual review checklist 49.5 KB
This checklist is designed to help ensure that requirements are met for product and handling specifications, product identification and traceability, training, quality and food safety. It is intended for use on an annual basis.
- Calibration recording sheet 52.0 KB
This sheet can be used as an ongoing record of the calibration of equipment used on a farm. It records the calibration date & method, setup, travel speed and output for different equipment.
- Fertiliser recording sheet 57.0 KB
This sheet can be used as an ongoing record of fertiliser application in different areas of a farm. It records the area(s) where fertiliser was applied, fertiliser type, composition, rate and application conditions.
- Harvest and packing record sheet 37.0 KB
This sheet can be used at harvest to record fruit varieties and quantities, packers and delivery docket numbers.
- Irrigation recording sheet 34.0 KB
This sheet can be used to record rainfall and irrigation in different areas of a farm.
- Job responsibility and training record 37.0 KB
For each staff member, this checklist-style sheet can be used to record their responsibilities such as chemical application, fertilising, harvesting, checking bins, cleaning, vermin control, personal hygiene, maintenance, internal audit and document control.
- Leaf analysis recording sheet 69.5 KB
This sheet is designed to record the results from leaf analysis tests. Levels of various common plant nutrients can be entered. Standard ranges for each nutrient are also provided on the sheet.
- Oleocellosis prediction data sheet 42.0 KB
This sheet can be used to record information that may be linked to oleocellosis such as fruit variety, wet and dry temperature, rind oil release pressures and out turn after packing for later analysis.
- Operations recording sheet 38.5 KB
This adaptable worksheet can be used to record a range of operations performed on a farm. It collects information about the equipment used, any relevant observations or comments and follow-up actions that may be required.
- Production summary recording sheet 50.0 KB
This sheet can be used after harvest and the sale of fruit. It records the total number of bins harvested, number of tonnes, return, payment date and total returns.
- Property map example 29.5 KB
This sheet contains an example "base map" for a citrus property. It also explains how overlay maps can be used to present additional information about the property.
- Spray recording sheet 41.5 KB
This sheet can be used as an ongoing record of the sprays used on a farm. It records the crop stage or pest, product, application rate, spray rig used, safe harvest date or withholding period, weather conditions and operator.
- Training recording sheet 50.5 KB
For each employee or contractor, this sheet can be used as an ongoing record of training undertaken. It records information about the the training provider, dates and course.
- Freshcare (www.freshcare.com.au)
National on-farm food safety program for the fresh produce industry.