Impacts and management of flooding and waterlogging in citrus orchards
Factsheet Number: 1189 Edition: First edition Released/reviewed: Mar 2012
The recent heavy rainfall and flooding events in NSW may cause some immediate damage to trees, but may also have significant long term impacts on citrus orchards, particularly those planted on heavy soils or those with impeded drainage.
Topics covered by this factsheet include:
- Previous flooding events in the MIA
- What is waterlogging?
- What happens in waterlogged soils?
- Symptoms, effects and tolerance of citrus to waterlogging
- Diseases prevalent following wet conditions
- What can be done after flooding & waterlogging?
|Impacts and management of flooding and waterlogging in citrus orchards
Downloads require Adobe Acrobat Reader