Integrated pest and disease management for Australian summerfruit
This manual outlines the integrated pest and disease management (IPDM) strategy for Australian summerfruit. From its initiation, this strategy has involved collaboration between Australian summerfruit orchardists, researchers and extension specialists. The objective was to create a strategy that gave practical pest and disease management options instead of 'warm fuzzy' philosophy.
The contents of this manual include the following:
- What is IPDM?
- Making the decision to use to IPDM: Personal choice
- Six steps to controlling summerfruit pests and diseases
- Pest and disease fact sheets
- Other pests and diseases of Australian summerfruit
- Biological control
- Reducing the impacts of birds in horticulture