Advice for pet owners during emergencies
Primefact Number: 398 Edition: First edition Released/reviewed: 01 Nov 2006
Under the State Disaster Plan, NSW Department of Primary Industries (NSW DPI) is responsible for coordinating animal welfare relief services for livestock, wildlife and companion animals. While NSW DPI can help, you are responsible for your animals. An emergency may require anything from a brief absence from your home to long term evacuation, so it is important that you plan and be prepared for evacuation during an emergency. This preparation should include your pets or other animals in your care.
This Primefact looks at:
- preparation for emergencies or evacuation;
- notification requirements should evacuation become necessary;
- requirements for cats, dogs, birds and horses;
- handling difficult animals;
- how you know when to evacuate.
|Advice for pet owners during emergencies - Full version
Downloads require Adobe Acrobat Reader