IN THIS SECTION
- NSW Dairy Industry facts & figures
An overview of the NSW Dairy Industry in NSW. Its purpose is to review the current situation in the NSW Dairy Industry and to report on critical issues facing the industry.
- Fodder production & animal nutrition
Pasture establishment and management, fodder conservation, feed rations, cost calculator, ration analysis, drought feeding and research results.
- Health and disease
Internal and external parasites, poisoning, diseases and disorders of cattle.
- Herd management
Rearing calves, handling, milk harvesting and drought management.
Animal welfare during drought, transport accidents, humane destruction, and Standard Operating Procedures for the use of cattle in research and teaching.
- People on dairy farms
Engaging and managing staff, employers responsibilities and requirements, finding staff, relief milkers and other human resources information.
- Business management
Business analysis, shed management and accounting information.
- Natural resource management
Calculators for irrigation and soil/water management, environmental self-assessment tools, catchment management projects.
The Animal Production research unit carries out research to further improve animal production efficiences in NSW.
- FutureDairy 2
This research and extension program is a collaborative dairy program that involves I & I NSW, Sydney University, Dairy Australia and industry partner De Laval in world class feed base systems approaches and innovative technologies for Australian dairy farms. Management Guidelines 2010 - for pasture-based AMS farms has recently been published by the FutureDairy 2 program.
- Dairy pathways project
A partnership between NSW DPI and Dairy Australia to deliver extension activities to improve dairy business performance whilst enhancing the physical, environmental and social sustainability of the industry.
- Extension and industry contacts
Contact details for NSW DPI staff.
Links to key industry organisations and information.
Dairy podcasts contain a range of interviews on subjects important to the NSW dairy industry.
- Working with people in agriculture
a series of nine videos for farm owners and managers.
- Dairy Pathways 2
outlines the activities and products developed within the project Dairy Pathways Phase 2.
A quarterly newsletter covering industry news and events.
The Dairypathways project is a partnership between NSW DPI and Dairy Australia. It aims to deliver extension activities and tools to improve dairy business performance.
- Dairy people focus groups - one day course
- Dairy people focus groups - three day course
- People in dairy focus groups - improving people productivity on a dairy farm
- Feeding the milk business
- Working with people in dairy - professional development in human resource management for dairy advisers
Recent News Releases
- 15 Jan 2014Farmers to benefit from robotic dairy appointment
- 19 Sep 2013120 years of DPI cattle tick experience gets a booster
- 02 Aug 2013DPI Cattle Methane Team selected as finalists for the Australian Museum Eureka Prizes
- 2nd Jun 2014Water for Life, Future for All