BJD - What beef producers need to know about buying dairy cattle
NSW is in the process of moving from the use of zoning to control BJD, to a system where producers need to make their own risk assessments before introducing cattle to their herd.
The eventual aim in NSW is to lift all zoning restrictions.
This Primefact covers the following topics:
- Reducing trade restrictions for dairies
- Dairy to dairy trade across zones
- Implications for beef herds
- Understanding the Dairy BJD Assurance Score
- Checking for high risk movements
- Maintaining access to Queensland markets
- Dairy holding vs dairy cattle
|BJD - What beef producers need to know about buying dairy cattle - Full version