OJD manual & legislation
Stock Diseases Act 1923
- Declaration of Johne's Disease
Declaration of Johne's Disease as a Disease for the purposes of Sections 20B & 20C.
- Proclamation 568
Restricts the importation and introduction into the State of sheep on account of Johne's disease.
Stock Medicines Act 1989
- Order 2008/1
OJD Manual - Terminology
OJD Manual - Notification form
OJD Manual - Exclusion Area and Management Area
- Ovine Johne's Disease Exclusion Areas 541.5 KB
To ensure consistency in the processes by which an Ovine Johne’s Disease (OJD) exclusion Area (EA) is established, maintained and/or revoked.
- Ovine Johne's Disease Management Area policy (2004-061) 51.3 KB
- Ovine Johne's Disease Exclusion Areas procedure (PRO2009/010) 203.8 KB
- Ovine Johne's Disease Management Area procedures (2004/062) 69.2 KB
OJD Manual - Vaccination
- Supply and use of Gudair vaccine (O-055) 93.2 KB
- Application and authority to administer Gudair® Vaccine in animals other than sheep and goats 171.0 KB
OJD Manual - Abattoir monitoring
- OJD abattoir monitoring (Primefact 660)
- OJD abattoir monitoring - Reporting and follow up of positive traces policy (O-054) 111.6 KB
- OJD letter template - Abattoir Detection in a Direct Line from the Low Prevalence Area 44.5 KB
- OJD letter template - Abattoir Detection in an Indirect (Boxed) Line from the Low Prevalence Area 45.0 KB
- OJD letter template - Abattoir Detection in a Direct Line from the High or Medium Prevalence Area 45.0 KB
- OJD form - Property assessment details for an OJD positive line (version 2), Word file 183.0 KB
- OJD form - Property assessment details for an OJD positive line (version 2), PDF file 35.7 KB
- OJD form - Owner request for abattoir monitoring or a NSW Sheep Health Monitoring Report 88.0 KB
OJD Manual - Property disease management plans
- Operation of the Ovine Johne's Disease Technical Panel (PRO 2010/07 177.9 KB
- Ovine Johne's Disease Property Diseases Management Program Information (2004/069) 190.2 KB
- Acknowledgment of a CVO approved OJD Risk Management Plan 134.5 KB
- OJD technical panel submission template 172.5 KB
OJD Manual - Market Assurance Program
- Administration Procedures 334.1 KB
OJD Manual - Risk assessment, investigation & diagnosis
OJD Manual - Approving Health Statement Exempt Sales
- Approving Health Statement Exempt Sales for sheep (BC&MS Procedure 2007/009) 92.4 KB
This document outlines the procedure for approving Health Statement exempt sales. A form to apply for a sheep sale to be exempted from the requirement for Health Statements is included.
Form for sheep owners to request that NSW DPI either (a) monitors their consignment of sheep for OJD and other conditions or (b) determines if previously consigned sheep were monitored. NSW DPI will send a written report including any monitoring results.