The horse industry in NSW is made up of many groups including the horse racing sector, competition and sporting associations, pony clubs, working horses and various breed associations just to name a few.
NSW DPI provides information to all these sectors primarily on the issues of horse health and welfare.
NSW DPI is successfully leading the state in the control and eradication of equine influenza.
- Feeding and nutrition
Pastures, feeding and nutrition for horses.
- Health and disease
Weight, worm control, poisonous plants, and diseases.
Fire safety, foaling, transport, horse events, and general care for horses.
Caring for horses, horses in riding centres and boarding stables, fire safety in stables, horses in bush races or rodeo events, keeping horses in urban areas.
Recent News Releases
- 21 Jun 2014Hendra virus the cause of horse death on NSW north coast
- 09 May 2014Time for horseowners to act on Hendra vaccine
- 04 Feb 2014Bat lyssavirus test speeds up response times
- 31 Jan 2014Cattle tick numbers on the rise: stockowners advised to be vigilant
- 30 Aug 2013Quarantine measures lifted on Macksville property
- 10 Jul 2013Hendra virus claims fourth horse death on NSW mid north coast