The horse industry in NSW is made up of many groups including the horse racing sector, competition and sporting associations, pony clubs, working horses and various breed associations just to name a few.
NSW DPI provides information to all these sectors primarily on the issues of horse health and welfare.
NSW DPI is successfully leading the state in the control and eradication of equine influenza.
- Feeding and nutrition
Pastures, feeding and nutrition for horses.
- Health and disease
Weight, worm control, poisonous plants, and diseases.
Fire safety, foaling, transport, horse events, and general care for horses.
Caring for horses, horses in riding centres and boarding stables, fire safety in stables, horses in bush races or rodeo events, keeping horses in urban areas.
Recent News Releases
- 30 Aug 2013Quarantine measures lifted on Macksville property
- 10 Jul 2013Hendra virus claims fourth horse death on NSW mid north coast
- 09 Jul 2013Horse owners encouraged to get behind biosecurity efforts
- 08 Jul 2013Third Hendra case confirmed west of Kempsey
- 14 Jun 2013Owners encouraged to vaccinate their horses against Hendra
- 09 Oct 2012Miniature horse owner fined for cattle tick offence