Introduction to commercial duck farming
Factsheet Number: 1235 Edition: First edition Released/reviewed: Jun 2012
This Primefact has been produced for prospective farmers, investors and those interested in the commercial duck meat industry.
It provides an overview of: the duck industry; current production features; financial issues and critical planning and development considerations. This includes managing risks to bird welfare, the environment and biosecurity.
- Breeds used for meat production
- Size of commercial duck farms
- Critical issues when considering commercial duck farming
- Contracts and growing fees
- Farm hygiene and biosecurity
- Production cycle