The main demand for goose meat is for festive occasions.
In addition to their value as food, geese produce down and feathers, which are in constant demand for quilts and cushions.
- Introduction to goose production
- Goose breeds and breeding
- Housing geese
- Disease control for geese
- Handling geese, and using geese as 'watchdogs' and for weed control
- Egg production, incubation and sex identification of geese
- Brooding and rearing goslings
- Feeding geese
- Processing and marketing geese
- Composition of goose meat, preparing for cooking, and recipes