The demand for table pheasants in New South Wales has increased in recent years. There are now a number of restaurants, particularly in Sydney, regularly featuring pheasant dishes on their menus.
Pheasants can be raised commercially in much the same way as commercial broiler chickens.
- Introduction to pheasant raising
- Pheasant breeds and breeding
- Disease control, parasites, predators and cannibalism in pheasants
- Pheasant housing
- Pheasant egg production, lighting and incubation
- Brooding, rearing and handling pheasants, and flight control
- Feeding pheasants
- Processing pheasant
- Preparing and cooking pheasant