- Feeding and nutrition
Feedlotting, pasture systems, full and supplementary feeding, stock feeds and fat scoring.
Flock management including joining, ram fertility, lambing, buying replacements, aging sheep and livestock protection.
- Health and disease
Internal and external parasites, footrot, other diseases including OJD, nutritional disorders, notifiable and emergency diseases.
- Breeding and selection
Merino bloodlines, selection indexes and EBVs and prime lamb genotypes.
Animal welfare during drought, transport accidents, humane destruction, and Standard Operating Procedures for the use of sheep in research and teaching.
The Sheep Genetics and Improvement Unit researches new knowledge designed to improve productivity, profitability and sustainability of sheep production and quality of products.
- Lamb marketing
Prime lamb production and marketing.
- Sheep gross margin budgets
A guide to the relative profitability of similar sheep enterprises and an indication of the different management practices used.
- Yards and equipment
Yard and shearing shed design, sheep handler selection and lambing paddock planning.
- YouTube videos
Links to online videos on sheep management.
Register at SheepConnect NSW to receive notifications of upcoming events for sheep producers in your area.
- Laboratory testing services
A range of diagnostic tests to assist vets and growers in improving animal health.
Recent News Releases
- 02 Apr 2014Dust to green flush in 10 days
- 04 Mar 2014Stocking rates stand out
- 19 Feb 2014Lamb sea diet lifts health benefit
- 21 Jan 2014Science backs sheep producers
- 13 Dec 2013Low methane sheep research to benefit Australian producers
- 18 Nov 2013Dorpers - the best in the west
- 2nd May 2014Tocal Field Days
Related web links
- Sheep CRC 'Practical wisdom' notes
A series of technical notes on enterprise management, nutrition and quality sheepmeat.