- Feeding and nutrition
Feedlotting, pasture systems, full and supplementary feeding, stock feeds and fat scoring.
Flock management including joining, ram fertility, lambing, buying replacements, aging sheep and livestock protection.
- Health and disease
Internal and external parasites, footrot, other diseases including OJD, nutritional disorders, notifiable and emergency diseases.
- Breeding and selection
Merino bloodlines, selection indexes and EBVs and prime lamb genotypes.
Animal welfare during drought, transport accidents, humane destruction, and Standard Operating Procedures for the use of sheep in research and teaching.
The Sheep Genetics and Improvement Unit researches new knowledge designed to improve productivity, profitability and sustainability of sheep production and quality of products.
- Lamb marketing
Prime lamb production and marketing.
- Sheep gross margin budgets
A guide to the relative profitability of similar sheep enterprises and an indication of the different management practices used.
- Yards and equipment
Yard and shearing shed design, sheep handler selection and lambing paddock planning.
Contacts in NSW DPI and the sheep industry.
- YouTube videos
Links to online videos on sheep management.
Register at SheepConnect NSW to receive notifications of upcoming events for sheep producers in your area.
- Laboratory testing services
A range of diagnostic tests to assist vets and growers in improving animal health.
Recent News Releases
- 08 May 2013Focus on southern sheep production
- 06 May 2013Udder side of sheep on YouTube
- 20 Feb 2013World-first portable laser lamb probe
- 25 Jan 2013Introduction to sheep care and husbandry short course
- 10 Oct 2012Learn old school skills to lift lamb numbers
- 25 Sep 2012Tullamore flocks to find the right ram
Related web links
- Sheep CRC 'Practical wisdom' notes
A series of technical notes on enterprise management, nutrition and quality sheepmeat.