Sheep health and disease
- Update on the Australian Wool Industry's Breech Flystrike Prevention Program
- Alternatives to diazinon
- Breeding Merinos for less breech strike
- Chemicals registered to treat lice and flystrike on sheep
- Improving automatic jetting races
- Sheep lice
- Policy - Sheep lice 103.8 KB
- Procedure - Sheep lice 329.6 KB
- Sheep plunge dip management
- Advice for veterinarians in NSW treating coccidiosis in sheep and lambs, goats and kids
- Drench resistance and sheep worm control
- DrenchPlan - the basics
- DrenchPlan 2005
- Hydatids - the basics
- Hydatids - you, too, can be affected
- Identifying liver fluke snails
- Laboratory tests for worms - prices and availability
- Liver fluke - the basics
- Liver fluke disease in sheep and cattle
- Lungworms in cattle, sheep and goats
- Nodule worm of sheep
- Pathology and diagnosis of internal parasites in ruminants (126 kb, PDF)
- Quarantine drenching - don't import resistant sheep worms
- Registered drenches for sheep worms
- Sheep drench combinations, resistance and 'refugia'
- Sheep measles - another profit killer
- Sheep worm control: summer vs winter drenching in southern NSW
- Stomach fluke (paramphistomes) in ruminants
- WestWorm and FarWestWorm
- Worm control regions
- WormKill - the basics
- WormMail - internal parasite information mailing list
- WormTest for livestock and guide to egg counts
- NSW State Footrot Report January – June 2010 48.6 KB
- Eradication of footrot from sheep flocks on the Northern Tablelands
- Footrot in sheep and goats
- Footrot notifications
- Undertakings, policies and procedures
- Guidelines for veterinarians issuing certificates on footrot status of flocks
- Livestock Contractors Footrot Certification Scheme
- Map of sheep footrot areas in NSW
- Owner/vendor declaration of footrot freedom of flock (form)
- Bacterial arthritis in lambs
- Buying sheep can be a health hazard
- Cheesy gland (Caseous Lymphadenitis) in sheep
- Eperythrozoonosis in sheep
- Foot abscess in sheep
- Foot and mouth disease
- Grain poisoning of cattle and sheep
- How vaccination works
- Lamb autopsy: notes on a procedure for determining cause of death
- Lumpy wool - a skin disease of sheep
- National Sheep Health Monitoring Program
- Ovine brucellosis
- NSW Ovine Brucellosis Accreditation Scheme
- Ovine Johne's Disease (OJD)
- Photosensitisation in stock
- Pregnancy toxaemia and hypocalcaemia in breeding ewes
- Prussic acid poisoning in livestock
- Reducing the risk of lupinosis and the incidence of phomopsis
- Scoring sheep for fleece rot
- Scabby mouth
- Selenium deficiency in sheep
- Cleaning up fodder drop zones after a flood
- Stock problems after a flood
- Vaccination programs for sheep
- Welfare decisions for sheep
From the bookshop
You may also be interested in...
Emergency and notifiable animal diseases
- Emergency animal diseases
can have serious consequences for trade, production or human health. Contact a vet or call the emergency animal disease watch hotline on
1800 675 888
if you see symptoms or deaths in animals that may be due to an emergency animal disease.
- Notifiable animal diseases in NSW
A number of animal diseases, including all emergency animal diseases, are notifiable under NSW legislation. This means there's a legal obligation to notify authorities if you know or suspect that an animal has one of these diseases.
- Notifiable animal disease form (PDF, 44kb)
You can use this form to notify the knowledge or suspicion of a notifiable animal disease.
Developed by the Australian Sheep Industry CRC and Australian Wool Innovation.
LiceBoss is a decision support system that can help woolgrowers determine the need for a louse treatment, choose the most cost effective control option and minimise residues.
FlyBoss provides the latest information to reduce the risk through management and breeding and how to treat flystrike outbreaks.
National Sheep Health Monitoring Program
The conditions being monitored by this program include liver fluke, sheep measles, hydatids, cheesy gland (CLA), pneumonia and a range of other conditions.
- Ovine Johnes disease
Ovine Johne's disease information including recent and coming changes to the program.
Veterinary laboratory manual
- Vet lab manual
This manual is aimed at providing accessible, up-to-date information to laboratory clients to assist in the submission of diagnostic specimens.