Weed legislation, strategy, policy
NSW Weeds Action Program
The NSW Weeds Action Program is a NSW Government Initiative to reduce the impact of weeds under the NSW Invasive Species Plan.
- NSW Weeds Action Program Guidelines 605.8 KB
Guidelines (updated October 2012)
- Frequently asked questions and enquiries
A list of frequently asked questions
- Approved State Projects
- NSW Weeds Action Program - Annual Report 2011-2012
This report promotes the achievements of the Program in 2011–2012.
- Noxious weed declarations within NSW
- Noxious Weeds Act 1993
- Noxious Weeds Regulation 2008
- Proposed Weed Control Order 30
It is proposed to amend declarations in Weed Control Classes 1, 2 and 3 and replace previous Class 4 declarations in Noxious Weeds (Weed Control) Order 2013 under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993.
State weed strategies
- NSW Biosecurity Strategy
The NSW Biosecurity Strategy is based on the principle of shared responsibility and has been prepared to increase awareness about biosecurity issues and provide a framework for biosecurity management in NSW.
- NSW Alligator Weed Strategy 2010-2015
- NSW Invasive Species Plan 2008-2015
An eight year plan to improve the management of invasive species in NSW.
- NSW New Weed Incursion Plan 2009-2015
Provides a whole-of-government approach to managing new and emerging weed species in NSW.
- NSW Parthenium Strategy 2010-2015
Parthenium weed is a Weed of National Significance. It currently infests more than eight million hectares in central Queensland and has the potential to infest much of the eastern half of New South Wales. This strategy details strategic direction for the next five years.
- NSW Orange hawkweed strategy 2011-2017
- Weed management: Understanding weed management in NSW
- Role and method of operation of the Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee 48.4 KB
Defines the role and operation of the Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee
- Policy: Declaration of noxious weeds 73.2 KB
Defines the requirements for declaration of noxious weeds under the provisions of the Noxious Weeds Act 1993, setting out the requirements for making submissions for noxious weed declaration and the conditions under which any such submission will be processed
- Issuing noxious weed permits 40.1 KB
Defines the circumstances in which noxious weed permits under the Noxious Weeds Act 1993 will be provided.
Other information and forms
- Application form: Noxious weed declarations 28.5 KB
- Form: Permit under Noxious Weeds Act 1993 (to move, grow or store weed material) 63.5 KB
- Noxious Weeds Handbook for Councils & Councillors
- NSW DPI Weeds Extranet (password protected)
- Protocol for initial weed risk assessment of plant species in NSW
- Role and method of operation of Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee 39.5 KB
Covers the operation of the Committee. This procedure, Noxious Weeds Procedure 5, should be read in conjunction with Policy O-063 'Role and method of operation of the Noxious Weeds Advisory Committee'.
- Weed recording standards 161.0 KB
These standards are to be used when recording weed infestations in NSW.