Natural resources and climate
Information on all aspects of water, a precious resource, and its use in primary industries.
This section assists proponents and local councils plan for sustainable agricultural development with policies and guidelines, information on agricultural mapping and statistical data.
Describes the principles which the Department of Primary Industries will promote so that the interactions between people, natural and production landscapes, and aquatic habitats are effectively managed.
- Soil health and fertility
Examines all aspects of soil health, soil nutrition and general soil management.
- Private forestry
Information on private forestry which refers to the practice of growing of trees on private land and includes "agroforestry" and "farm forestry".
- Water & irrigation
Information about Irrigation, water quality, testing, dams and water storage, drought strategies for water supply and watering livestock.
Salinity is a threat to the health of rural land and the environment. Irrigation and dryland salinity are among the most important natural resource issues facing agriculture in Australia.
- Native vegetation
A growing awareness of the potential environmental impacts and economic costs of continued broadscale clearing has led the community and government to seek better management of our native vegetation assets.
Biodiversity is the variety of life forms, the genes they contain, the ecosystems they form, and the interactions between life forms and the environment.
- Land Use Planning
Agriculture NSW helps plan for sustainable agriculture development.
- Climate and weather
Information on NSW climate, weather and forecasting.
- I&I NSW integrated Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Program Plan (summary)
The NSW Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) Strategy was established to focus the resources of NSW natural resource and environment agencies and other natural resource managers to establish a system of monitoring, evaluation and reporting on natural resource condition.
- The Smart Farms Projects
NutrientSmart Farms & WaterSmart Farms are working with landholders in the Lower Hawkesbury Nepean region to improve nutrient management and water use efficiency.
- Links to guidelines for socio-economic analysis of natural resource management decisions
These guidelines encourage a common approach to assessing the socio-economic impacts of natural resource management decisions. They are intended to be used by individuals and agencies responsible for assessing the socio-economic impacts of natural resource management decisions across NSW.
- NSW Land and Water Advisory Panel
Recent News Releases
- 15 May 2013Property owners warned against illegal river works
- 13 May 2013Habitat Restoration Project Receives Prestigious Award
- 13 May 2013Global grazing discount until May 31 2013
- 08 May 2013Blueberry growers target improved water quality
- 24 Apr 2013Time running out to apply for irrigated farm project funding
- 05 Mar 2013Water link defines new farm frontiers
- Property management planning (PMP) for natural resource management
- Farm planning
- Monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement (MERI) workshop