Oil and chemical spills
Under the NSW State Emergency Management Plan and State Waters Marine Oil and Chemical Spill Sub-Plan, NSW DPI is responsible for coordinating agriculture and animal services, including oiled wildlife response and recovery, to support the oil/chemical spill lead agency.
NSW DPI has Memorandums of Understanding with a range of organisations that have agreed to provide agriculture and/or animal services resources to assist in emergency responses under the coordination of NSW DPI.
Operations and planning
Publications and advice
- First responders resource guide for seabird emergencies 2.5 MB
- Seabird emergency response card 729.7 KB
- Policy for the translocation of threatened fauna in NSW (www.environment.nsw.gov.au)
- Rehabilitation of protected fauna policy 2010 (www.environment.nsw.gov.au)
- Code of practice for injured, sick and orphaned protected fauna (www.environment.nsw.gov.au)
You may also be interested in..
Emergency 24 Hour ContactMaritime 1800 641 792: Report any marine oil or chemical spill to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority. The relevant agencies will then be notified.
Related web links
- Australian Maritime Safety Authority: The ASMA enhances efficiency in the delivery of safety and other services to the Australian maritime industry including provision of safety and environment protection services.
- emergency NSW: This is the public emergency information website of the NSW Government. The website provides information about preparing for, dealing with and recovering from an emergency situation.
- Feedback : Thank you for your comments regarding these web pages.