Oil and chemical spills

Under the NSW State Emergency Management Plan and State Waters Marine Oil and Chemical Spill Sub-Plan, NSW DPI is responsible for coordinating agriculture and animal services, including oiled wildlife response and recovery, to support the oil/chemical spill lead agency.

NSW DPI has Memorandums of Understanding with a range of organisations that have agreed to provide agriculture and/or animal services resources to assist in emergency responses under the coordination of NSW DPI.

  • Emergency 24 Hour Contact

    Maritime 1800 641 792: Report any marine oil or chemical spill to the Australian Maritime Safety Authority. The relevant agencies will then be notified.
  • Related web links

    • Australian Maritime Safety Authority: The ASMA enhances efficiency in the delivery of safety and other services to the Australian maritime industry including provision of safety and environment protection services.
    • emergency NSW: This is the public emergency information website of the NSW Government. The website provides information about preparing for, dealing with and recovering from an emergency situation.
  • Feedback : Thank you for your comments regarding these web pages.