Livestock movements including transport and export

General information

Moving animals into and within NSW

Interstate livestock movements

Livestock export



Livestock transport truck

Related websites

Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (
Guidelines for people who plan to sell livestock for export, covering on-farm preparation of livestock, land transport, management of stock on registered premises between unloading from land transport and loading on ship, preparation of the vessel and the loading of livestock, on-board management as well as standards for transport by air.

Model code of practice for the welfare of animals: land transport of horses (
This Code of Practice is intended as a guide for people who are involved in transporting horses. It is intended to encourage considerate treatment of the animals so that transport stress and injury are minimised at all stages of the transport operation.

National Vendor Declaration and Waybill (
Producers use the NVD/Waybill to declare valuable information about the food safety status of the livestock being sold. Processors rely on the information to ensure only the safest food enters our food chain. The NVD is a travel document. The inclusion of animal movement information means the document can be legally used for declaring stock movements in those states that require travel documents (Waybill or Travelling Stock Statement) to accompany livestock movements.