Resources for schools
Promoting agricultural education in schools is vital to increasing the knowledge of the whole community about the food and fibre used in everyday life. The information below is provided for teachers, students and parents alike to ensure that our skills and capabilities in our agricultural industries remain world class.
Careers in Agriculture
Interested in reducing world poverty, starting your own business, innovative technology, research and development, travel?
Careers in agriculture don't all involve driving a tractor or shearing a sheep. They require high level science, maths and technology skills too.
The range of careers available in food and fibre industries are endless - just look at the jobs available within NSW DPI:
Find out more on the links below.
Study with NSW DPI
NSWDPI teaching resources
- Plate to paddock case studies
- A peep at sheep online
- Flickr photo gallery
- DPI publications and resources
- Investigate: Science and Technology Competitions
- Soil and water testing
- The climate dogs animation series, the main drivers that influence climate in NSW
- NSW DPI Biosecurity planning for schools unit
- NSW DPI Biosecurity action plan for schools template
Teacher professional development
NSW DPI has a range of professional development courses that align with Australian professional standards for teachers.