Licensing & forms
Before submitting an application form, please refer to the "Schedule of Commercial Fishing Fees and Charges” (see below) to determine the appropriate application fee. Note that the costs of specific licensing and quota management services are recovered through transaction fees. The fees are adjusted annually in line with the Consumer Price index (CPI).
Transfer of a Fishing Business or Components of a Fishing Business (e.g. Shares)
Persons wishing to transfer and/or acquire fishing businesses, shares or components of a fishing business should complete the form titled “Application for Approval of Transfer of Components of a Fishing Business” Applicants should be aware that there are specific rules relating to the transfer of shares, endorsements and components of fishing businesses. Applicants should ensure they are familiar with these rules prior to submitting an application. The rules are detailed under Part 6 Fisheries Management (General) Regulation 2010.
For any other queries regarding these rules please contact DPI on 1300 720 662 or seek your own independent legal advice.
Applications must be completed in full by both the transferor and the transferee and any stamp duty associated with the transaction must be paid prior to submitting the application form. For further information, please visit the Office of State Revenue website at www.osr.nsw.gov.au.
If your application relates to a deceased estate, please contact NSW DPI on the above number prior to submitting your application as additional information may be required.
Warning: please be advised that you should not make any financial commitments in relation to the trading of shares or other fishing business components until the application has been approved by NSW DPI and you have been formally notified of the approval. Any stamp duty paid prior to the application being submitted may be refunded by the Office of State Revenue if the transfer is not completed.
To access a form, simply click on the link below and print. The form can then be completed and submitted by mailing to:
Fisheries Business Services
NOWRA NSW 2541
- Form 1 - Application for Issue of a Fishing Boat Licence 72.9 KB
- Form 10 - Application to Register, Release or Discharge a Mortgage/Interest Over Shares 69.1 KB
- Form 15 - Application for Transfer of Quota 66.6 KB
- Form 2 - Application for a Commercial Fishing Licence 63.8 KB
- Form 22 - Marine Vegetation Collection For Commercial Purposes Permit Application 80.0 KB
- Form 24 - Taking fish for Aboriginal cultural or ceremonial use permit application 79.7 KB
- Form 3 - Application to Change Boat Identifying Particulars on a Fishing Boat Licence 58.8 KB
- Form 4 - Application to Register or Cancel Eligible Fishers or Nominate and Revoke Nominations 143.6 KB
- Form 5 - Application for Transfer of a Fishing Boat Licence 70.1 KB
- Form 6 - Cancel Registration as Eligible Fisher or Revoke Nomination 79.1 KB
- Form 7 - Application for Replacement Fishing Authority 42.3 KB
- Form 8 - Application for Approval of Transfer of Components of a Fishing Business 133.5 KB
- Form CB 2 - Application for transfer of NSW Charter Fishing Boat Licence 75.2 KB
- Form CB 4 - Application for boat replacement for a licensed charter fishing boat 75.7 KB
- Commercial Fisheries Threatened Species Reporting Form 70.8 KB
- Debt management: commercial fisheries quota transfer restrictions policy
- Information kit - Marine Vegetation Collection 50.3 KB
- NSW Commercial Fisheries Administration Guide 796.2 KB
- Register of Additional Licence/Endorsement Conditions 63.5 KB
- Requirements for all commercial fishers 39.3 KB
- Schedule of Commercial Fees & Charges 94.6 KB
- Share Class Codes and Abbreviations 32.3 KB
Share Management Plans and other Legislation
- Fisheries Management Act 1994
- Fisheries Management (General) Regulation 2010
- Fisheries Management (Supporting Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Ocean Trawl Share Management Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Ocean Trap and Line Share Management Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Estuary General Share Management Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Estuary Prawn Trawl Share Management Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Ocean Haul Share Management Plan) Regulation 2006
- Fisheries Management (Lobster Share Management Plan) Regulation 2000
- Fisheries Management (Abalone Share Management Plan) Regulation 2000