Habitat management - how you can help
There are lots of things you can do to help protect and rehabilitate our fish habitats and conserve native fish. From rehabilitating one of your local aquatic habits, to getting the right permit, to being a Fishcare volunteer – getting involved can be fun and rewarding!
What are the easy things you can do to help?
- join the fish habitat network email mailing list
- keep up-to-date on the fish habitat network website
- Follow the rules and regulations that relate to fishing and fish habitat!
- Get a permit for activities that need one
- Report a pest or disease
- Report a fish kill
- Report a protected or threatened species
- Report illegal activities relating to fish and fish habitat by using the Fishers Watch Phoneline on 1800 043 536 or contacting us
- Get involved in aquatic habitat rehabilitation
- Be a Fishcare volunteer