There is a large variety of freshwater fishing opportunities in NSW. Try fishing for the iconic Murray cod, one of the largest freshwater fish in the world. Stocked dams in NSW are yielding record Australian bass captures, or target the beautiful golden perch. Our highland streams and dams offer excellent trout fishing opportunities.
Freshwater fishing rules
NSW Freshwater Fish Tagging Recapture Form
By entering details of tagged fish you are greatly assisting the future management of NSW fish stocks.
More information on freshwater fishing
- Thompson Creek Dam
- Murray River Guardian 2012-2013 Your guide to visiting and camping on the Murray River
- Freshwater fish and invertebrates of NSW (poster)
- Common recreational freshwater species
- Freshwater pest fish in NSW
- How to weigh your fish with a ruler
- A guide to freshwater fish in NSW
- Catch and release measuring mat