Apply now for funding from the Recreational Fishing Trusts
Applications now open.
Who can apply?
Anyone can apply for funding from the Recreational Fishing Trusts, including fishing clubs and organisations, universities, councils, community groups, individuals and so on. Joint applications are also encouraged.
What types of projects are funded?
A comprehensive angler survey of the Recreational Fishing Trusts, completed in 2013, indicated widespread support for the current range of programs funded from the Trusts. Over the years, the Trusts have provided funding to a wide range projects including:
- recreational fishing enhancement - fish aggregating devices, artificial reefs and fish stocking
- recreational fishing education - fishing workshops, Fishcare volunteers, schools education, fishing advisory
- fishing access and facilities - fishing platforms, cleaning tables, safety infrastructure & other facilities, enhancement of fishing access
- aquatic habitat rehabilitation and protection - grants to remove barriers to fish migration, replanting & protecting river bank vegetation, restoring water flows etc.
- research on fish and recreational fishing - fishing surveys, biology of popular recreational species, angler catch projects, effectiveness of stocking etc
- enforcement of fishing rules - fisheries officers
Previously funded projects are listed online at www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recreational/fees
There are two different funding application forms to choose from when applying for funding - one for projects seeking less than $10,000 of funding and one for projects seeking more than $10,000 of funding. Both forms can be downloaded electronically below.
It is recommended applicants read the funding guidelines for more information on preparing Trust applications before completing an application form.
How to apply
Applications can be made by completing the Funding Application form below and forwarding it to the Recreational Fishing Trusts Executive Officer:
NOWRA NSW 2541
Who can assist you?
For assistance with completing your application and to ensure applications are consistent with priorities for funding contact the Recreational Fishing Trust Executive on 02 6691 9681 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Grants closing date 21 March 2016
Habitat rehabilitation projects
Please note - funding for projects that restore, rehabilitate and protect fish habitat is available through the Habitat Action Grants Program. These grants are available in August each year and require a different funding application form.
For further information on the habitat projects please contact the Habitat Action Grants Program coordinator on email@example.com or phone (02) 6626 1396 or (02) 4916 3817
Fish stocking projects
Please note - a different application form applies to re-stocking rivers or impoundments with native fish. An Expression of Interest to re-stock public waters with native fish through the Dollar for Dollar Native Fish Stocking Program is released in February each year. For further information phone (02) 4424 7428 or (02) 6763 1217.
Fishing infrastructure design guides
- Skillion roof fish cleaning station design guide [1.8 MB PDF]
- Pitched roof fish cleaning station design guide [1.9 MB PDF]
- Curved roof fish cleaning station design guide [1.9 MB PDF]
- Fish cleaning stations - opinion of probable costs 2012 [50 KB XLS]
For further information on infrastructure projects contact DPI Fisheries Infrastructure Manager 02 6691 9681