Irrigating with blue-green algae affected water
Many landholders use river water and farm dams to irrigate crops. These water sources are vulnerable to blue-green algal (BGA) blooms and may become contaminated.
This Primefact is designed to assist irrigators who may irrigate with BGA-contaminated water.
- What are blue-green algae?
- Does my farm dam or river contain blue-green algae?
- How can BGA-contaminated water affect health?
- How can BGA-contaminated irrigation water affect plants?
- Irrigating crops with BGA-contaminated water
- Cautions for spray and micro systems
Published: Jan 2013