Cronulla Fisheries Research Centre
NSW Department of Primary Industries' Cronulla Fisheries Research Centre of Excellence closed its doors in January 2013.
In September 2011 the NSW Government announced staff and functions of the centre will be relocated to regional coastal centres at Coffs Harbour, Port Stephens and Nowra.
Staff engaged in fisheries research, commercial, recreational and indigenous fisheries licensing and management, and the corporate services area for the Department have been relocated.
Science facilities and functions have moved to the Port Stephens Fisheries Institute and Research Centre of Excellence.
- Phone: 02 6298 0888
Recreational Fisheries Management has been relocated to Nowra, Coffs Harbour and Newington Contact:
- Nowra, Phil Bolton ph: 4424 7411
- Coffs Harbour - Bryan van der Walt ph: 6691 9675
- Newington - Dee Payne, ph: 9741 4847
Indigenous Fisheries development and management has been relocated to Newington and Nowra. Contact:
- Newington - Mika Malkki, ph: 9741 4821
- Nowra: Laura McNamara, 44247441.
Commercial Fisheries Licensing has been relocated to Nowra.
- Ph: 1300 720662
Recreational Fisheries Licensing has been relocated to Nowra
- Ph: 1300 369365
Commercial Catch Records has been relocated to Coffs Harbour
- Ph: 6648 3921
Commercial fisheries management has been relocated to Coffs Harbour, the Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS) and Newington. Contact:
- Coffs Harbour - Joshua Foster ph. 6691 9674
- Sydney Institute of Marine Science (SIMS) - Doug Ferrell ph. 9435 4667
- Newington - Belinda Lucas ph. 9741 4792