- Management of fruit flies
- Trade related surveillance
- Incursion management and emergency response
Bernie Dominiak has over many decades of experience with pest management and surveillance. He was responsible for managing the Fruit Fly Exclusion Zone and providing market access information from 1995 to 2013. Bernie coordinated surveillance programs for pests such as Red Imported Fire Ants, Asian Gypsy Moths, Small Hive Beetle, Sycamore Lace Bug and other significant exotic plant pests. Currently, Bernie is supporting other DPI scientists to publish their corporate knowledge.
- B.Appl.Sc. (Rural Technology)
- PhD 2014 Macquarie University, Sydney
- Reviewing the science of DPI staff
- Improvement of scientific reporting to support trade access discussions
- Publication of past research on plant biosecurity and fruit flythe science associated with mass production of cations
For publications see Bernie's Google scholar site and ORCID profile.
Professional associations and activities
- Member of Entomological Society of New South Wales
- NSW Fruit Fly Research and Technical Team member
- Adjunct Fellow Macquarie University
Location: The Ian Armstrong Building, 105 Prince Street, Orange, NSW 2800