- Sheep Enterprise Gross Margins
- Mixed farming and systems thinking
- GrassGro systems modelling
- Sheep reproduction
- Genetics – wether trials
- Drought decision making and mobile applications.
- Drought feeding and lamb feedlotting
- Adult education: course development and delivery.
Geoff has worked for NSW DPI for more than 20 years in Goulburn, Bourke and Wagga Wagga.
He has well-developed knowledge of livestock and cropping systems and the interactions between enterprises. He has a keen interest in livestock production from pasture and sound experience in drought feeding systems and lamb feedlotting. Geoff has a focus on both wool and meat enterprises and is passionate about agriculture and the rural community.
- Bachelor of Applied Science Systems Agriculture, Hawkesbury Agricultural College 1991.
- Certificate IV in assessment and Workplace Training.
- SMARTtrain Chemical Management AQF 4.
- Development of the Drought and Supplementary Feed Calculator Phone App.
- Annual Development of Sheep Enterprise Gross Margin budgets and analysis.
- Peter Westblade Wether Trial – Data analysis.
- Sheep enterprises keep getting stronger. Analysis of Sheep Gross Margin 2018. NSW DPI Website.
- GrassGro - predicted performance of a breeding enterprise using 2018 Merino Challenge results (wool and liveweight). Peter Westblade Memorial Wether Trial.
- Wool focussed enteprises boomed during 2017 – Analysis of sheep Gross Margins 2017
- Pregnancy Toxaemia in breeding ewes Primefact 1199, second edition
- GrassGro - predicted performance of a breeding enterprise using 2016 Merino Challenge results (wool and liveweight). Peter Westblade Memorial Wether Trial.
Location: NSW DPI Wagga Wagga Agriculture Institute