Take your farm business to the next level
Registrations now open for 2019 Program intake
Contact Peter Brown on 0437 671 459 or email@example.com to secure your place.
The Farmer Business Coaching Program is a tailored program aimed at NSW farmers and fishers who are ready and willing to explore new possibilities for their business, set goals and work with an experienced farming coach to make those goals a reality.
Whether you are new to farming or have been on the land for generations, this program will be both challenging and rewarding.
During the year-long Farmer Business Coaching Program you will:
- build confidence in managing your farm business enterprise
- learn how structure and control can improve decisions made about your farm
- develop a farm business road map to long term sustainability and profitability
- improve problem solving techniques, such as people management, delegation and using business tools to save time and increase your focus.
The Farmer Business Coaching Program is individually tailored by ‘the farming coach’ Chris Morrison and is delivered through an innovative mix of online video conferencing and face to face sessions.
|Style|| Timing and duration|| Delivery method|
Individual Coaching sessions
one introduction session + one follow up session each month
Online video conferencing
3 x one-hour sessions per month
Online video conferencing
Business Momentum Days (BMD)
Quarterly sessions with your peers and Chris Morrison to share ideas, support and encouragement
The Farmer Business Coaching program is open to:
- Anyone operating a farming, commercial fisheries or aquaculture business where they identify with primary production and are growing or producing food or fibre. This can include dairy, beef, horticulture, poultry, oysters, fishers, mixed farmers, croppers, farm owners, share farmers or contractors.
- Be a farming, commercial fisheries or aquaculture business with an ABN or ACN operating as a business in NSW
- The business contributes a minimum of 51% of your gross income.
- Your business must be compliant with tax reporting and with relevant employment standards
All applicants to the course will need to:
- Be a committed and active participant in the business coaching program for a 12 month period
- Develop a short (2 minute) video blog for each of the quarterly Business Momentum Days
- Participate in case study development and program evaluation with the Farmer Business Coaching Program Coordinator
- Sign a program participation agreement, coaching program agreement and photo release form
Desired attributes for participants:
- Be willing to set goals
- Be committed to learning
- Be open minded to new possibilities
- Be committed to the program’s time and coursework requirements
NSW DPI Rural Resilience Program in partnership with Hunter Local Lands Services, Dairy NSW and Young Dairy Network are supporting the Farmer Business Coaching Program by reducing the normal program cost to only $1,500 per farm for the 12 month course for all eligible businesses.
- Participants will cover their own costs associated with providing their monthly video blog.
- Any costs accrued by your business operation as a result of your participation in the program.
Registrations now open for the 2019 Program intake
If you are ready to take your farm business to the next level, contact Peter Brown from the Rural Resilience Team on 0437 671 459 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.