- water productivity and sustainability
- climate change impacts on agricultural systems
- agricultural innovation adoption
- using systems approaches for improving agricultural production efficiency, productivity and sustainability
Daowei holds a PhD in Agricultural Systems from the University of Queensland, as well as a PhD in Environmental Science from the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Before he joined the NSW Department of Primary Industries, he was a research fellow in Management at the University of Adelaide Business School where he applied his systems thinking skills to address various business challenges. He was also a lecturer and the discipline leader in Environment Science at the Dalian Minzu University in China.
Daowei publishes in the fields of agriculture, environmental science and management collaborating with colleagues from research institutions both in Australia and overseas.
Daowei is an ad hoc reviewer for several international journals.
- PhD in Integrative Systems/Agricultural Systems (UQ, AU)
- PhD in Environmental Science (CAS, CN)
- BSc Geography (Shandong Normal University, CN)
- Benchmarking water productivity in the cotton industry – CRDC
- Clean Coastal Catchments – Non-point agricultural pollution control – NSW Government
- NSW DPI Climate Vulnerability Assessment project, (broadacre cropping node). This project is part of the larger NSW DPI Climate Change Research Strategy.
Professional associations and activities
- Editorial board member of the International Journal of Plant Production
- Association of Australian Cotton Scientists
- Guest editor for Sustainability Journal
Phone: 02 6799 2435
Location: Australian Cotton Research Institute, Narrabri NSW