Ross McLeod has been a Quality Assurance Officer with DPI since 2009, specialising in the development of quality management practises and culture in laboratory and research teams. Prior to that, he gained extensive technical experience in research projects across Universities and Government Departments in Queensland and New South Wales. Ross supports science and research staff in implementing and maintaining internationally recognised quality management certification. He has made significant contributions to the resources of the DPI quality management system (QMS) for research and diagnostic laboratories. He is based at Tamworth Agricultural Institute.
- BSI and NATA training in ISO9001 and ISO17025 Quality Management Standards
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education – University of Queensland 1994
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science – University of Queensland 1993
Current projects and interests
- Reviewing and improving DPI QMS resources: software, procedures, forms, & templates.
- Visual communication and understanding of quality management systems and standards.
- The role of online environments and mobile devices in research quality solutions.
- Laboratory or research team certification to ISO9001 at Tamworth Agricultural Institute.
- Internal auditing of laboratory and quality management processes.
- Equipment calibration to provide metrological traceability of measurements and treatments.
- Recognition of the critical role of technical support staff in the quality of research outcomes.
- Collaboration between geographically separated sites for laboratory maintenance records.