- Technique development (research and diagnostic) - Immunological, molecular biological, bacteriological, and parasitological. Utilising cell culture, protein chemistry, PCR, electrophoretic techniques and chromatography.
- Immunological response to infection and vaccination.
- Antigen / Antibody interaction. Monoclonal antibody production.
- Protein chemistry.
- Laboratory and field research.
- Internal and external parasite culture, assay development and the study of insecticide and anthelmintic efficacy and resistance development.
Current and recent projects
- Selection for disease resilience – IgG, IgA, IgM and Haptoglobin as indicators for pig health.
- Comparing the mucosal and systemic immune response in pigs after Actinobacillus plueropneumonia infection and vaccination.
- Erysipelas ELISA for sheep.
- Isolation of antigens and toxins to improve commercial vaccine efficacy and production efficiency.
Professional associations and activities
- Australian Pig Science Association
- Entomological Society of NSW
Fields of research
- 070707 Veterinary Microbiology (excl. Virology)
- 070705 Veterinary Immunology
- 070708 Veterinary Parasitology
Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC)