Pasture sustainability and management in drought
In general, pastures are quite resilient, and have valuable defence mechanisms to enhance survival through adverse periods. This ability varies with species, and so optimum pasture management during drought will depend on the pasture type and species. This Primefact discusses:
- causes of stress on pastures;
- factors that need to be considered;
- useful pasture management strategies;
- pastures in semi-arid rangelands;
- notes on livestock health disorders.
Published: 14 Nov 2017