Moving horses into and within NSW


Horses entering or moving within NSW by vehicle must be accompanied by a completed Transported Stock Statement (TSS).

Transported Stock Statements are available individually or in booklets from Local Land Services (formerly Livestock Health and Pest Authority, formerly Rural Lands Protection Board).

Topics covered in this Primefact include:

  • movement documents
  • horses entering NSW
  • importation of fodder
  • biosecurity guidelines for horse-owners
  • animal welfare
  • emergency animal diseases
  • more information


Primefact 860 Second Edition

Published: Feb 2015