The National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) is Australia’s scheme for the identification and tracing of livestock.
The NLIS allows the tracing of animals from their property of birth, and other properties they have been on, to slaughter.
Topics in this Primefact include:
- Property identification codes (PIC)
- Purchasing or selling livestock online
- NLIS movement documents
- Responsibility for transferring livestock on the NLIS database
- How do I record livestock movements in the NLIS or PigPass database?
- Buying livestock from interstate
- Sick or diseased animals
- Animal Welfare