Prohibited matter animal pests and diseases (Primefact 1551)
Animal pests and diseases which are prohibited matter are listed in Schedule 2 of the Biosecurity Act 2015 (the Act).
Most prohibited matter animal pests or diseases are exotic to Australia, e.g. foot and mouth disease, rabies and mad cow disease. If they were introduced and became established here, they could impact severely on trade, livestock production, animal welfare, the environment, human health or community amenity.
The topics in this Primefact include:
- What animal pest and diseases are prohibited matter?
- Who has to report a suspected prohibited matter animal pest or
- How to report a prohibited matter pest or disease of animals?
- When should I suspect a prohibited matter animal pest or disease?
- Other obligations if you suspect a prohibited matter pest or disease of animals
- Requirements regarding testing for prohibited matter animal pests or diseases
- What will NSW DPI or LLS do if a prohibited matter pest or disease of animals is suspected or detected?
- Which pests or diseases of animals are prohibited matter in New South Wales?
Published: Jun 2020