Current situation

NSW Rural Fire Services provide updates on:

After an emergency, primary producers and the community can implement a range of actions and access services and assistance to aid recovery.

Local government areas in NSW declared Natural Disasters are eligible for assistance under Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA). Additional assistance measures, which include recovery grants, are available for eligible areas.

To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593.

Fodder Pick Up Locations

It is important that you contact the Agricultural and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 to request fodder and arrange collection.

Animal safe places

Last updated: 06 Feb 2020 10:55am

Where possible please take your animals with you. The care of animals in one of these facilities remains your responsibility.This list will be updated as sites are opened and closed according to need and capacity.

The following animal safe places have been assessed by Agriculture and Animal Services for safety and suitability for people who have no other arrangements in place and need to relocate their animals, including larger animals such as horses, cattle and sheep.

Animal owners do not have to call prior to arriving at one of these facilities. Some have Agriculture and Animal Services staff on site to assist. Moving animals and care of them at these centres is the owners’ responsibility including making sure they are fed, watered, have identification and regularly checked.

We also continue to coordinate care and welfare for animals accompanying their owners at human evacuation centres.  View a list of these centres.