Project 2: Energy efficiency solutions
- Determine energy productivity targets and benchmarks for NSW primary industries
- Identify affordable energy solutions for key industry sectors
- Using pilots to demonstrate workable energy efficiency solutions across primary industry sectors
Assess Primary Industries sensitivity to rising energy costs
Identify trends in energy productivity across sectors and industry responses to emerging technologies.
Adoption segment analysis
Identify potential barriers to adoption of energy efficient technology and to inform programs and stakeholder engagement.
Identify where in the production system and supply chain cost-effective energy saving are made.
Identify farm system and supply chain energy efficiencies; demonstrate farm technology that optimise energy use.
Energy productivity targets identified for primary industries and strategic investment in pilots.
Challenges and potential barriers to adoption of energy efficient solutions identified and transition pathways outlined for key sectors.
Framework in place for assessment of energy efficient technologies to pilot.
Industry specific knowledge gaps filled, on-farm and supply chain inventory data collected and process efficiencies identified.
Outreach program that raises on-farm and sector awareness for the most cost-effective solutions to increasing energy costs.
High impact opportunities for energy efficiencies identified.
Energy productivity targets and energy efficiency solutions identified.
Industry investment decisions informed by feasible, economic solutions.
Increased industry capacity to respond to impacts of rising energy costs.
Reduced risk of early technology adoption.
- Reduced industry vulnerability to rising energy costs.
- Increased sector/farm profitability and increased competitiveness of NSW Primary Industries.