The caretaker period for the NSW Election commenced on 1 March 2019. Accordingly, no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from 1 March 2019 will be available on this website. For copies of recently-issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party, please go to the website of the relevant political party.

Current situation

NSW DPI works with Local Land Services (LLS) and other agencies/organisations to support the NSW State Emergency Service (SES) by coordinating animal welfare relief services for livestock, wildlife and companion animals and assisting affected primary producers.


Information on local recovery activities can be sought from your Local Land Services on 1300 795 299. After an emergency, primary producers and the community can implement a range of actions and access services and assistance to aid recovery.

Local government areas in NSW declared Natural Disasters are eligible for assistance under Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA). Additional assistance measures for primary producers, which include recovery grants, are available for eligible areas.

To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593.

Primary producers and animal carers

Primary producers should report flood-related damage including stock and fodder losses, damage to crops, pastures, fencing and other farm infrastructure to their Local Land Services office. This will ensure we understand the full extent of the damage and can provide ongoing support where it is needed most.

Key contacts

Reporting emergenciesTelephone
Life threatening emergencies, including bushfires000
NSW State Emergency Service (SES)For emergency help in floods and storms call 132 500
Additional informationTelephone
Local Land Services office (LLS)1300 795 299
NSW Rural Assistance Authority1800 678 593
Current natural disaster declarations02 9212 9200