|Name:||Operate farm motor bikes (2 wheel)|
This one day course aims to develop skills in the safe off road use and maintenance of two wheel motor bikes.
|Cost:||From $385. Price may vary depending on location.|
The course aims to assist participants to safely and effectively operate two wheel motor bikes and to carry out routine checks and maintenance.
- Operate two wheel motor bikes off-road safely and effectively.
- Operate two wheel motor bikes on or across a slope
- Operate two wheel motor bikes ascending & descending a steep slope.
- Operate two wheel motor bikes on rough terrain
- Understand basic maintenance and safety
- Select suitable personal protective equipment
- Identify responsibilities under WHS act 2011.
- Perform two wheel bike pre-operational checks
- Work health and safety issues
- Bike design and selection
- Basic maintenance
- Basic bike operating through designated course and dirt road route
- Correct turning and breaking techniques
- Match and attach equipment appropriate to work requirements
- Advanced riding techniques on slopes and rough terrain
- Loading, unloading and securing two wheeled bikes to transport vehicle
- Monitor and maintain vehicle records
|Resources and method of delivery:||This course is delivered using both indoor and outdoor instruction.|
This course is mapped to the following national unit of competency:
- AHCMOM201 Operate two wheel motor bikes
Note: Attainment of this competency does not count towards gaining a road motor bike license with the RTA.
Contact us to register your interest in this course.
Other dates and locations are available on demand.
Subscribe to our mailing list and be one of the first to hear about the latest news, events, publications and upcoming courses available through Tocal College.
Current scheduled courses