|Name:||Safe tractor operation and maintenance|
|Description:||This course for small area farmers and rural employees covers the safe operation of tractors with and without attachments and basic maintenance.|
|Cost:||From $630 weekdays, or $745 weekend depending on location. GST-free.|
- Safely operate tractors with or without attached equipment
- Identify components, controls, checks, operation status
- Set and secure equipment for operation
- WHS Licensing and Legislation
- Prepare a tractor for operation (including routine checks)
- Operate a tractor safely
- Complete and check tractor operations (including shutdown procedures)
|Course program/structure:||Day 1|
- Hazard, risk and control options
- Perform pre-start checks on unfamiliar tractor
- Daily service a tractor
- Perform weekly/50hr service on tractor
- Drive a tractor (basic)
- Attach, reverse and remove a trailed implement
- Attach and remove a 3-point linkage implement
- Attach and remove implement fitted with remote hydraulics
- Attach, operate and remove PTO driven implement
- Operate a tractor and implement in field condition
- Remove attachments, park tractors and review course
|Resources and method of delivery:||
Participants will be provided with a Tractor Operation and Maintenance Training Manual.
This practical course is delivered using a mixture of both indoor and outdoor instruction.
|Accreditation:||This course is mapped to the following national unit of competency, AHCMOM202 - Operate tractors.|
Contact us to register your interest in this course.
Other dates and locations are available on demand.
Subscribe to our mailing list and be one of the first to hear about the latest news, events, publications and upcoming courses available through Tocal College.
Current scheduled courses