|Name:||SMARTtrain chemical risk management (Level 4)|
|Description:||This course is suitable for training supervisors and managers with risk management skills to manage the transportation, storage, application and record keeping of agricultural chemicals (including biological pesticides). Participants must be accredited at Level 3 to achieve competence at Level 4.|
|Course aims:||To assist participants to manage the risks associated with the use of chemicals in the workplace.|
- Comply with mandatory codes of practice and relevant legislation to safely transport, store and handle chemicals in the workplace.
- Identify integrated management strategies to control pests.
- Select appropriate chemicals for application to an identified pest problem at a particular site.
- Establish procedures to ensure chemicals are applied according to the label.
- Assess the risk of residues in commodities and as contaminants in the environment during and following chemical application.
- Design and implement recording systems for chemical storage and use.
- Introduction to risk management
- WHS risk management
- Emergency management and the environmental risk management
- Chemical application management
- Integrated pest management
- Residue risk management
- Storage and transport risks
- Records management
|Resources and method of delivery:|
Participants will receive the following resources:
- a reference manual
- a learning and assessment guide
- a NSW, QLD or SA State legislation supplement
The SMARTtrain Livestock Supplement, Weed Control Learning and Assessment Guide and On Farm Fumigation Learning and Assessment Guide are option extras.
This course is delivered indoors.
This course is mapped to the following national units of competency:
- AHCCHM401 - Develop procedures to minimise risks in the use of chemicals
- AHCCHM402 - Plan and implement a chemical use program.
This course was developed by NSW Department of Primary Industries and NSW TAFE.
Contact us to register your interest in this course. Other dates and locations are available on demand.
Are you a member of the NSW Farmers Association?
As a member of the NSW Farmers Association, you qualify for a discount on your course fees. Apply now! (Please have your membership number available.)
Current scheduled courses
Yanco 7th Dec 2017
Yanco Agricultural Institute
7th Dec 2017 8:30am - 8th Dec 2017 12:00am
or call Annette Conroy on 1800 628 422 or 02 6951 2775