The NSW Lobster Industry Working Group was established following the discontinuation of the Lobster Fishery Management Advisory Committee in 2012. The working group is the key consultative mechanism for Total Allowable Commercial Catch (TACC) determinations and other policy and operational issues relating to the NSW Lobster Fishery.
The working group includes five regional fisher member positions, one recreational member position, one indigenous member position, and one conservation member position. Member positions are subject to nomination for a three year term, with staggered terms for fisher member positions.
Current working group members
- Noel Gogerly - Industry member Smoky Cape to Seal Rocks
- Daniel Stewart - Industry member Queensland border to Smoky Cape
- Lee Monin - Industry member Seal Rocks to Swansea
- Scott Westley- Industry member Bundeena to Victorian border
- Peter Offner - Industry member Swansea to Bundeena
- Oliver Wady - Recreational member
- The positions of Conservation member and Indigenous member are currently vacant.
Lobster Working Group - Terms of Reference
- Purpose of Working Group: To provide advice on matters relating to Total Allowable Commercial Catch Determinations and other policy and operational issues relating to the NSW Lobster Fishery as required.
- Chairperson: Fisheries Manager (other than the Lobster Fisheries Manager)
- Membership: Five industry members, one Recreational member, one Conservation member, and one Indigenous member. The Lobster Fisheries Manager, one DPI Compliance Officer and one DPI Science and Research member will also form part of the group.
One shareholder member from each of the following regions:
- Queensland border to Smoky Cape
- Smoky Cape to Seal Rocks
- Seal Rocks to Swansea
- Swansea to Bundeena
- Bundeena to Victorian border
Term of membership
3 years with staggered industry re-nominations to ensure continuity of industry knowledge.
Archive of Lobster Working Group Meetings