Do you love colouring in?
Then it’s time to get your colouring pencils and crayons out and enter in the kids’ colouring-in competition to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Long Reef Aquatic Reserve.
How do you enter?
Step 1: Download and print the Long Reef Aquatic Reserve Colouring Competition entry form (PDF, 685.35 KB).
Step 2: Learn about all the awesome animals and plants in the aquatic reserve while you create your colourful masterpiece!
Step 3: Inspire us by telling us how you will help look after Long Reef Aquatic Reserve, now and into the future.
Step 4: Get a parent/carer to help you send your entry in by 22 July by either:
Emailing a scanned copy or photo of your masterpiece to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting your entry to “DPI Long Reef Aquatic Reserve 40th anniversary”, PO Box 5106 Wollongong NSW 2500.
Step 5: Good luck and hope you have fun learning about Long Reef Aquatic Reserve!
What can you win?
There are fantastic prizes to win in each age category!
- First-place prize for each age category is a voucher for a Merlin annual pass valued at up to $500
- Second-place prize for each age category is a $250 voucher for Long Reef Surf shop.
- Third-place prize for each age category is a $100 voucher for art and craft supplies from Eckerleys.
The competition will be judged in the following age group categories:
- 4 to 6 years
- 7 to 9 years
- 10 to 12 years
N.B.Entries may be published on the Department of Primary Industries’ website and social media platforms.
Illustration by Anne Willman - Atelier 41 creative design studio
Invite your family, friends and classmates to enter the competition too!
Terms and Conditions
- You can only submit one entry in your age group to the competition.
- By submitting your entry you acknowledge that NSW Department of Primary Industries may publish and promote your entry and your name: on the department’s website, on social media, and in media relations and other communications.
- All entrants agree to the use of their name and entry in any current and future promotional material for the Department of Primary Industries. Any other personal details relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian privacy and personal information protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Every entry must include information on how the entrant is going to help Long Reef Aquatic Reserve.
- A parent or guardian must sign each entry accepting the Terms and Conditions.
- Prizes will be awarded by age group, to an entry that meets all the criteria. The judges’ decision is final and there will be no correspondence entered into.
- There are first, second and third prizes for each age group. The total value of the overall prizes is up to $2250, inclusive of GST.
- This competition is organised by NSW Department of Primary Industries, ABN 19 948 325 463.
- Competition starts on the 4 June 2020 and ends on 22 July 2020 at 5 pm. All entries must be received before 5 pm on 22 July 2020 including postal entries.
- Entrants may email their entry to email@example.com or mail a hard copy entry to “DPI Long Reef Aquatic Reserve 40th anniversary” at PO Box 5106 Wollongong NSW 2520. Both hardcopy and electronic copies (scans or photographs) will be accepted.
- The prizes will be decided by a panel of judges: two from the Department of Primary Industries and one from an external organisation. Judging will be completed by 27 July 2020.
- Winners will be notified by email by 31 July 2020.
- Prizes will be sent out to the winners at the email address they provide with their entry.
- The results including the name of each prize winner will be published on the Department of Primary Industries website. No other personal details will be published.
- No personal details of entrants will be kept by the Department of Primary Industries following the conclusion of the competition, except winning entries as per condition 3 above.