A variety of activities within the park require a marine parks permit, including:
- commercial activities – including tourism operations but not commercial fishing;
- Collecting for commercial and private aquariums;
- Competitions including line fishing and spearfishing;
- Hovercrafts, airboats and seaplanes;
- Traditional Indigenous fishing use;
- Organised events including sporting or other activities;
Obtain a permit
Marine parks permit application form (PDF, 109.1 KB)
Permit standard conditions (PDF, 24.96 KB)
Marine parks permit policy
If you are interested in an activity requiring a permit, download and print an application form and email/post your completed permit application form to Port Stephens - Great Lakes Marine Park.
Proposals for development within or adjacent to the marine park must be assessed under marine estate and planning legislation, and a marine park permit may be required. Contact the marine park for more information.
Other management actions