Key contacts – carp control
For more advice or assistance on a particular approach, contact one of the following:
- Aquatic Habitat Rehabilitation – Port Stephens (02 4982 1232) – regarding opportunities to tie in carp control with existing aquatic rehabilitation projects or to develop new projects;
- Recreational Fisheries Management – Cronulla (02 9527 8411) – regarding responsible fishing practices, the Code of Practice for fishing events, organising a successful public fishing event, or to request attendance of Recreational Fishing Trust-funded education staff at a fishing event;
- Recreational Fisheries Management – Albury (02 6042 4200) – for freshwater fish stocking or general inland fishing enquiries;
- Commercial Fisheries Management (carp) – Cronulla (02 9527 8411) – for contact details of licensed commercial fishers (IRF endorsement holders) for contract work;
- Aquatic Biosecurity – Port Stephens (02 4982 1232) – for further advice on carp control options or to report carp in new areas;
- Aquatic Ecosystems Research – Port Stephens (02 4982 1232) – regarding research and development of carp control options, including exclusion screens.