Drought, bushfire and emergencies
- A new approach to drought management
NSW is introducing new measures to help farmers prepare for and manage the impacts of drought.
Information on managing in drought, maps, and drought recovery.
Information for rural producers affected by severe floods, frost and other natural disasters.
Information on preparing for and responding to bushfires in rural areas.
- Emergency management
NSW DPI has a range of responsibilities to prevent, prepare, respond to and help recover from some emergencies.
- Oil and chemical spills
NSW DPI is responsible for coordinating agriculture and animal services, including oiled wildlife response and recovery, to support the oil/chemical spill lead agency.
Recent News Releases
- 10 Dec 2013Kasbah’s heat switch pumps pasture
- 30 Oct 2013NSW government announces drought preparedness and support package [98.9 KB PDF]
- 18 Oct 2013Farmers invited to information day on climate and preparedness
- 16 Sep 2013North western NSW producers hit by dry conditions
- 20 Jun 2013Widespread rain boosts agricultural outlook
- 09 Apr 2013North coast primary producers urged to report flood damage