The Department's scientists have been ranked in the top 1% of world research institutions in agricultural science, and plant and animal science. More...
Shark ecologist, Vic Peddemors, explains that through failed understanding of shark behavior and the use of practices that are unsustainable, the apex predator in a fragile ecosystem is now at risk.
The NSW Food Authority is an evidence-led organisation, striving to ensure that all decisions are based on sound evidence and science.
Knowledge of surface water and groundwater ecology enables NSW Office of Water to more effectively share water between the environment and other water users.
This report demonstrates that managed, multiple use production forests have the capacity to abate more GHG emissions than a conservation forest.
Find out about the impacts of climate change on primary industries, current DPI projects, and future research priorities.
Primary industries are a major user of the developed water resources in NSW, and manage 76% of the land.
Biochar promises to provide an immediate solution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, benefits the soil, and uses waste materials.
This technical paper outlines the opportunities and the knowledge gaps for carbon sequestration in soil for agriculture.
The biennial report detailing the status of fisheries resources in NSW has been released (Feb 2011). Detailed information on 108 species.
Bioethanol prospects from cotton gin trash
Several successful second generation biofuel studies have placed research led by Tony Vancov at Wollongbar at the forefront of investigating conversion of cotton gin trash (CGT) to bioethanol.
Enough soil carbon to mitigate climate change is a ‘big ask’
Expectations are unrealistic for delivering increases in sequestration of carbon in soil, according to one of Australia’s most respected soil scientists.
- 07 Jul 2014Collaborative approach key to recovering Murray crayfish populations
- 07 Jul 2014World-renowned fruit fly expert in Orange
- 01 Jul 2014Superior genetics on display at merino field day
- 11 Jun 2014$16 million research boost for NSW grains industry [PDF]
- 11 Jun 2014Mr Right - the best ram for your flock
- 05 Jun 201412 year study unearths impacts of eucalypt plantations on bird diversity
- 15th Jul 2014NSW Farmers' Association Annual Conference
- 24th Aug 2014Australasian Grain Science Association (AGSA) Conference