2009 Meeting for members of Animal Ethics Committees
A meeting for members of Animal Ethics Committees and AEC Executive Officers was held on 15th April 2009 at the Australian Catholic University in North Sydney.
The programme was comprehensive, with presentations and discussions on Housing Guidelines, Wildlife Research and Hot Topics for AECs: Looking beyond application approvals.
Great presentations by the keynote speakers were particularly well received. Dr Cullum Brown gave a fascinating presentation on fish welfare and A/Professor Paul McGreevy presented some illuminating insights into animal behaviour.
A copy of the programme along with presentations from the day and a summary of evaluation comments from attendees are available for download below.
- Animal ethics committee meeting evaluation summary
- Program for registration
- Session 1 Ethitex M France
- Session 1 Rat Guidelines L Chave
- Session 1 Guinea Pig Guidelines P Johnson
- Session 1 Mouse Guidelines A Fawcett
- Session 1 Sheep Guidelines A Paul
- Session 2 Behavioural Techniques P McGreevy
- Session 2 Fish Behavioural Research C Brown
- Session 2 Frog Marking Guidelines R Johnson
- Session 2 Wildlife Monitoring F Doughty
- Session 2 Wildlife Monitoring M Gott
- Session 2 Training of Wildlife Researchers F Lemckert
- Session 3 Panel Discussion B Vanselow
- Session 3 Panel Discussion S Carney
- Session 3 Animal Welfare Challenges J Chuck
- Session 3 Animal Welfare Challenges R Garsia
- Session 3 Animal Welfare Challenges R Harcourt