Why fat score breeding ewes?
Optimal nutritional management of the breeding ewe flock provides an opportunity to maximise ewe and lamb survival, wool production and the wool quality potential of future generations of Merino sheep.
Reaching fat score targets during the reproductive cycle will lead to:
- improved ewe reproduction
- increased progeny fleece weight and lower fibre diameter
- increased lamb survival
- improved ewe health and survival
- increased ewe wool production
- more effective use of feed resources.
Published: Jun 2008